Window cleaning is an essential part of home cleaning that’s usually neglected or underestimated. While it might seem as easy as soap, water, and a cloth, it goes beyond that. Failing to care for your windows properly can result in organics staining them, which can result in an unsightly appearance for your home.
We thought we’d recommend a few things to do and a few things to avoid during window cleaning to address this issue.
- Do clean them both inside and out. It’s important to note that organics can build up from the insides and outsides of your windows. Cleaning only the inside and praying for rain to clean the other will just delay the inevitable staining of your glass windows.
- Don’t use abrasives. We recommend avoiding metal scrubs or cleaning agents with harmful chemicals like ammonia. These can make the quality of your glass deteriorate with every wash.
- Don’t clean on a hot day. Window cleaning on a hot and sunny day leaves your windows susceptible to streaking and spotting. It’s advisable to do it on a cloudy day or early in the morning before the sun gets too hot.
- Don’t use newspapers. Using a wet newspaper to wipe across your window will only leave a trail of smudged ink behind, forcing you to re-clean it.
- Do call a professional. The best way to clean your windows is by hiring professionals like us. At Tiki’s Softwash, we have the right expertise, tools, and environmentally friendly cleaning agents to guarantee you get clean and stainless windows. Book a free consultation with us today.